19Six Architects seeks to hire an Architectural Designer to work in our Santa Barbara, California office.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Work with the project manager to review methods, materials, and equipment used in various types of projects and perform methods in all phases of construction: (1) Predesign (PD), (2) Schematic Design (SD), (3) Design Development (DD), (4) Construction Documents (CDs), (5) Construction Administration (CA)
- Operate computer-aided drafting (CAD), Revit, and SketchUp to produce designs, working drawings, forms, and records, and create presentations for clients using Microsoft PowerPoint and Adobe Suite.
- Prepare packages of plans submittal for building construction application approval.
- Identify potential problem areas in advance, ask for corrective action and bring unresolved difficulties to the attention of proper authority.
- Draft detailed plans, building sections, wall sections, elevations, restroom drawings, interior and exterior details, fire-rated and acoustical details, casework details, stairs, elevator drawings, and code plans.
- Prepare drawings required for DSA approval.
- Will be responsible for all correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for overall projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Architecture
- Two years of professional architectural design experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Revit
- Demonstrated proficiency with SketchUp, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite