19ix Architects is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Director to work in collaboration with 19six’s Principals, Market Sector Leaders (MSL), Associate Market Sector Leaders (AMSL) to develop and lead marketing strategies to increase market share.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Meet with 19six’s Market Sector Leaders (MSL), and Associate Market Sector Leaders (AMSL) to develop marketing strategies to increase market share and develop new clients and maintain existing clients.
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients and existing clients.
- Develop and prepare companywide marketing plans and budgets.
- Develop and lead business development activities.
- Attend industry events, workshops, and conferences.
- Conduct research to identify new clients and customer needs.
- Promote the company’s services addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
- Develop entry level staff into identifying new business opportunities.
- Work hand in hand with the marketing team to ensure a cohesive strategy with RFQ/P’s or other varies marketing collateral.
Desired Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Management or Architecture.
- Minimum of 8+ years’ experience in Business Development activities with a principal focus on A/E industries within K-12, Higher Education, and Healthcare.
- Active with professional groups/organizations.
- Good professional networking skillset.
- Must be able to effectively utilize Microsoft Office and CRM software; Creative Suite is a plus.
- Proven experience developing and implementing tactical and strategic business plans.
- Must demonstrate effective oral and writing communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with MSL, AMSL, marketing team, and staff.
- Have strong organizational skills and be able to keep records neat and organized.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple deadlines and details simultaneously.
- Ability and desire to travel.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with industry professionals.