Our Santa Barbara office is seeking an Office Administrator (OA) responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Principals, professional team and works in collaboration with the Administrative Specialist located in the San Luis Obispo office. The OA must be adept at producing high-quality documents under tight deadlines, therefore knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is essential. Multitasking and prioritizing workflow are essential to success in this role. The OA assists the HR Department to manage staffing processes, maintain records, and assists with employee support and training. The OA should be able to communicate in an articulate manner (written, verbal), and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Serves as the primary receptionist (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting visitors).
- Provides administrative support to the Principals and professional team.
- Types, updates and proof reads correspondence, forms, spreadsheets and documents.
- Edits presentation materials (PowerPoint) when needed and helps assemble proposal and presentation packages.
- Plans and schedules meetings and appointments.
- Manages the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Assists with training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Assists with employee issues and resolution.
- Assists with social media updates and brand awareness.
- Assists with maintaining employee records.
- Notifies staff of policy updates, employee handbook changes etc.
- Assists with supporting employee health and wellness.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Maintains general office tidiness.
- Runs errands and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of office administrative experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Detail oriented, organized, superior project management skills.
- Experience in HR or hiring process preferred.