Project Role and Responsibility
19six Architects is an award-winning, mid-sized architecture firm located on the central coast. We have a collaborative, team-focused working environment and a diverse professional team. Our firm is passionate about providing services to civic, K-12, higher education, performing arts, and the healthcare markets.
The Office Assistant (OA) is responsible for providing direct administrative support to the Associate Principal, professional team, and works in collaboration with the Administrative Specialist located in the San Luis Obispo office. The OA must be adept at producing high-quality documents under tight deadlines, therefore knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is essential. Multitasking and prioritizing workflow are essential to success in this role. The OA should be able to communicate in an articulate manner (written, verbal), and be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Serves as the primary receptionist (answering and directing incoming calls and greeting, directing, and assisting visitors).
- Provides administrative support to Associate Principal and professional team.
- Types, updates and proofreads correspondence, forms, spreadsheets, and documents.
- Edits presentation materials (PowerPoint) when needed and helps assemble proposal and presentation packages.
- Ability to plan and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Maintains the inventory of office supplies.
- Organizes and maintains paper and electronic files.
- Maintaining general office tidiness.
- Runs errands and performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- High School diploma required, Associate’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of office administrative experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – high proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, punctuation, proofreading, spelling and telephone skills.
- A team player with a high degree of self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Detail oriented, organized, superior project management skills.