19six Architects has expanded our services to include in-house structural engineering, in a desire to better serve our clients by fully integrating structural design with architectural design. Our structural division in Santa Barbara is growing to provide support to all of our architectural offices, and we are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Structural Project Engineer to grow with us.
Project Role and Responsibility
- Collaborate with our design team and other disciplines.
- Design structural building systems and equipment anchorage.
- Prepare structural calculations, details, and drawings.
- Collaborate with architectural team, engineers and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Verify existing field conditions.
- Produce construction documents using Revit and AutoCAD or provide markups to drafters.
- Review shop drawings, RFI’s, submittals, and make site visits during construction administration.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering or Civil Engineering is required, Masters is a plus.
- Must be a Licensed Civil Engineer in California.
- Four plus (4+) years experience in Structural Engineering including the design of concrete, masonry, steel, and wood materials; gravity and lateral systems.
- Experience working with DSA and OSHPD is preferred.
- Revit experience is preferred.
- Proficiency with structural software such RISA and Enercalc.
- Goal oriented with strong skills in problem solving, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design.